Amplify Values In These Emerging Issues
Responding to Anti-Asian Violence
How can we work to end white terrorism and #StopAsianHate? To start, we must engage in crucial conversations around race, racism, and racial justice and speak truth to power. Check out our messaging guidance. In addition, imagery and artwork is a necessary element for powerful messaging. Artwork promotes visibility and affirmative solutions, while providing a visual call to action. We have included several links to artwork by artists of Asian descent that can amplify your messaging to protect Asian communities.
- 10 Lessons for Talking About Race, Racism, and Racial Justice
- Map The Truth: A Covid-19 Social Justice Messaging Guide
- 10 Tips for Putting Intersectionality Into Practice
- A Community-Centered Response to Violence Against Asian American Communities
- Asian American Journalist Association Guide on Atlanta Shootings
- Stories - Stand Against Hatred
Artwork & Graphics:
Roll Out of the American Rescue Plan
Since signing the American Rescue Plan (ARP) into law on March 11th, President Biden has been promoting its benefits to individuals and communities through virtual and in-person events across the country. The ARP provides direct relief to individuals, support for safely reopening schools, and funding for the national vaccination program to contain COVID-19 — including support for Tribal governments dealing with infection and death rates far higher than the national average.
In addition to the well-publicized $1,400 payments Americans began receiving last week, the bill includes important expansions of Child and Dependent Tax Credits and extensions of unemployment benefits. Small businesses will benefit from the ARP's grants and investments aimed at retaining workers and adapting to new COVID safety measures and a Small Business Opportunity Fund targeted at minority-owned businesses and small-businesses in economically disadvantaged areas. Finally, the ARP lowers heath insurance premiums for millions of lower- and middle-income families enrolled in health insurance marketplaces as well as 100% subsidies for COBRA health benefits for those who have lost their employer-sponsored heath care plans. It's a lot to message around! We hope the following resources can help you.
- We Can Thrive Together: Visioning Economic Justice for All
- Telling a Story About Families and Opportunity
- Talking About Poverty Today: Three Core Pillars
- American Rescue Plan overview (White House)
- Sign up for tax credit implementation announcements (White House)
- Unemployment insurance resources (Department of Labor)
- Small business guidance and loan resources (Small Business Administration)
- Expanded health care enrollment resources (healthcare.gov)
- COBRA health coverage resources (Department of Labor)
- Hashtags: #EconJustice #GoBeyond