Amplify Values In These Emerging Issues
Ask Your Representatives to Support the New Deal for New Americans Act.
This week, U.S. Representatives Grace Meng (NY), Jesús “Chuy” García (IL), and Pramila Jayapal (WA) introduced the New Deal for New Americans Act. This affirmative, solutions-focused bill will empower immigrants and refugees to fully belong and thrive in our diverse communities and freely contribute to our shared social, economic and civic life. Cite the values of Economic Opportunity, Family Unity, and Community when talking about this legislation.
- Take action: Tell your networks to ask their House Representatives to Co-Sponsor the bill.
- Messaging and communication tools: National Partnership for New Americans’ policy summary; section-by-section summary and social media toolkit; The Opportunity Agenda’s Quick Tips for Talking Immigration Issues and A Winning Narrative on Immigration
- Hashtag: #NewDealforNewAmericans
Upcoming Media Hooks & Events
Nov. 1 - 8
Below is a list of communication hooks and events for this week in October that you can use to reach new audiences and inform existing ones. Click on each link for messaging and communication tools as well as hashtags.
Events and Cultural Hooks:
- National Caregivers Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- #HomeIsHere march from New York to Washington, D.C.: Now until Tuesday, Nov. 12
- Open enrollment for health insurance plans: Friday, Nov. 1 until Sunday, Dec. 15
- American Son premieres: Friday, Nov. 1
- Día de los Muertos or the Day of the Dead: Friday, Nov. 1
- Election Day: Tuesday, Nov. 5
- Webinar, Developing Metrics to Measure Mobility from Poverty: Friday, Nov. 8
- The Carlisle Indian School opened: Nov. 1, 1879
- Renisha McBride was shot and killed: Nov. 2, 2013
- Malcolm (X) Little was released from prison: Nov. 4, 1952
- Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986: Nov. 6, 1986
For a look further ahead in November, click here.
Add the Amp media hooks to your work calendar
You don't need to wait each week for the Amp action alert to find out what's coming up. You can easily add our media hooks and events to your work calendar, which will automatically update when your refresh your calendar. Here's how:
- Google Calendar: Follow these instructions to subscribe to calendar (not "from URL" option). Copy and paste this entire link: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outlook: Follow these instructions. Copy and paste this entire link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/o33rmu231ochbp5i16botmsvus%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- Apple iCal for Macs: Follow these instructions. Copy and paste this entire link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/o33rmu231ochbp5i16botmsvus%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics