The Opportunity Agenda’s Training and Partner Engagement Manager is responsible for work that is at the heart of the organization’s most popular offering: training and partner support. Reporting to the Director of Narrative, Training, and Journalism, this position focuses on providing institutional systems for training on messaging and media communications for partners in the social justice field; and field engagement, collaboration, and coordination of strategic partnerships around the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying and working with partners in the field to determine communications needs and promote communications tools, campaign strategy and support deploying Opportunity Agenda assets as appropriate (e.g., media, research, and social media), and training opportunities.
- Collaborating with colleagues in designing, conducting, and evaluating trainings on messaging, media readiness, oral presentation, and other communications skills with a wide range of advocates, policymakers, artists, and other social justice leaders.
- Developing and leading strategically determined outreach strategy for partnerships across The Opportunity Agenda’s initiatives. Deploy strategic planning process to formalize organizational partnership program and also leverage Opportunity Agenda assets and exposure, and thereby build organizational capacity.
- Establishing and implementing systems for tracking and evaluating partnership relationships and projects.
- Hiring and overseeing the Training Associate to coordinate all logistics of on-the-ground trainings and convenings.
- Designing, writing and editing communications tools and training materials, including presentations, interactive activities, publications, and web content. Create training curriculums that incorporate The Opportunity Agenda’s opinion research, media analysis, framing and messaging recommendations.
- Launching and expanding the organization’s Train the Trainer program to equip social justice leaders with tools to conduct communications trainings in their own communities with their own constituencies.
- Leading quality control for field trainings, including visual brand and presentation design, upholding our training methodology, and creating internal learning program for staff trainers and presenters.
- Convening partners for regional trainings and strategy sessions.
- Understanding and integrating into trainings, The Opportunity Agenda’s opinion research, media analysis, framing, and messaging recommendations.
- Providing strategic guidance, input, and editing to partners’ news releases, media advisories, and other materials.
- Assisting key partners in outreach to journalists, editors, and producers.
- Contributing to The Opportunity Agenda’s progress reports, briefings, proposals, and blog.
- Participating in staff calls and meetings, as well as periodic external convenings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Development and management of systematization of partnership outreach models; Strategic thinking and guidance on the organization’s proactive training and partner outreach opportunities; Working with the training team, development of a short-, medium- and long-term plan to build organizational capacities related to training and partnership.
Education and Experience
A minimum of 7 years relevant experience, including in the development and delivery of effective communications training. Direct experience on social justice campaigns preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and to The Opportunity Agenda’s mission.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, training, and analytical skills.
- Experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse partners, audiences, and trainees.
- Ability to clearly and respectfully edit partner materials and provide feedback.
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the nation. (Availability on evenings and weekends occasionally required).
- Ability to work well with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint or Keynote and other office software.
- Knowledge of the immigration, criminal justice, and economic opportunity fields is strongly preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently is preferred.
- A sense of humor, modesty, and a collaborative spirit.
Operates as an essential member of intradepartmental project teams to represent and provide guidance on training plans, opportunities, and implementation. Serves as the manager responsible for strategy screening of all training requests. Advances planning and implementation for proactive training regiments with the training team and other staff members. Provides strategic guidance to staff regarding training models and opportunities.
Combination of standing and sitting – both for training and working independently.
Business office environment. Training venues.
New York, NY
To apply, click here.