The Operations Manager manages tasks related to all aspects of the organization’s administrative functions including office services, finance, human resources, and information technology. This individual will report to the Director of Human Resources and Operations and will supervise relevant staff and/or interns. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Tides Center’s (fiscal sponsor) advisory, finance, and human resources staff to ensure organizational compliance in all areas of operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operations Management/Coordination - Maintain and increase the efficiency of the organization by managing the overall functionality of business operations and operational management systems in the following areas:
Finance - Work with leadership and finance teams on projects and tasks related to budgets, expenses and contract management.
- Assist with expense reporting, budget prep and tracking for admin, operations, and IT
- Manage administrative, operations and IT budget forecasting and related expenses
- Oversee reimbursement and accounts payables processes; and providing the necessary systems approvals
- Oversee contract management by reviewing/approving all submissions and acting as organization’s primary signatory
Human Resources - Support objectives and routine HR functions, while promoting a positive and inclusive culture.
- Support recruiting efforts for all staff and interns by posting job descriptions and ensuring all requisition and onboarding documentation is submitted and processed.
- Manage pre-hire, post-hire, and post-termination processes and systems related to on-boarded, orientation and off-boarding
- Monitor timecards for compliance in accordance with organizational policies, providing approvals where necessary.
- Ensure updated labor law posters are acquired, posted and/or disseminated as appropriate and in a timely manner
Technology and Systems Support - Liaise between the staff, consultants, vendors, technicians & leadership while managing internal assets, support & end user data and records
- Monitor, anticipate needs, and make recommendations accordingly
- IT asset procurement and management
- End user data documentation & support management
- Responsible for device and system tracking and access management
Office Management/Coordination - Support and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, efficiencies, communication, and safety.
- Procure all equipment/technology, services, office supplies, stationery, and furniture.
- Negotiate and manage all admin/operations vendor contracts and agreements.
- Manage and optimize day-to-day operational systems and equipment. Submit & track service requests and troubleshoot as needed
- Oversee facility management and vendor relationships; including cleaning, catering and equipment leasing to maintain office conditions
- Oversee the greeting and directing of authorized guests, restricting unauthorized access.
Other Essential Operations Responsibilities
- Manage and facilitate the development of and adherence to organizational policies and procedures in the above areas
- Supervise all relevant staff and interns
- Perform other operations management tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the coordination and planning of staff outings and events.
- Handle catering and/or venue reservations for organizational meetings & other staff related events
- Occasional evening and/or weekend hours
Education and Experience
- Related bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent job-related experience
- Minimum 5 years continuous full-time experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated success in people management
- Experience with NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce, Sage Intacct, and/or other finance, CRM, and HRIS applications
- Non-profit experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with business, HR and financial principles
- Project management
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills
- High level of tact, discretion and integrity, with the ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects with minimal supervision and shifting priorities.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a pleasant and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to The Opportunity Agenda’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Incumbent will be an integral part of the operations team. This individual will communicate with organizational staff at all levels, as well as Tides Center’s staff which includes the Advisor, Finance, and Human Resources staff.
- Incumbent will work on a computer throughout the workday and may be required to walk throughout the workspace several times daily in order to complete tasks related to office services, and must be able to lift/move 20 lbs.
- Business office environment.
New York, NY
Human Resources & Operations
To apply, click here.