The Opportunity Agenda, a project of Tides Center, seeks a Programmatic Events Coordinator to be based in its New York City office. The Opportunity Agenda is a social justice communication lab dedicated to building the national will to expand opportunity in America.
The Programmatic Events Coordinator will coordinate an organization-wide strategy that establishes protocols for conducting public facing events and signature gatherings such as the Communications Institute and Creative Change retreat; and convenings, trainings, and conferences called for within each of the initiative and project areas of focus. This will include but not be limited to in-person events as well as remote-based activities such as webinars and large-scale strategy calls. She/he/they will work closely with program staff to ensure outreach, logistics and content intersectionality; coordinate logistics, with vigilance to deadlines and budget; and convey organizational values in all ways related to venue selection, adherence to contracts, and institutional brand.
The successful candidate will be proactive and detail-oriented, capable of coordinating a myriad of tasks effectively across a diverse range of staff, consultants, and field allies. The position requires excellent tracking, communication, and events management skills as well as an understanding of diverse needs for event and activity participants. The candidate is expected to have discretion and independent judgment as well as strong planning, logistical, and budgetary skills and a commitment to social justice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the day-to-day supervision of the Editorial and Outreach Director and in coordination with program and development staff, this position’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinate planning and implementation of organizational events, including The Opportunity Agenda’s flagship training event, the Communications Institute, and logistical support for the week-long Creative Change retreat, along with public facing panels, regional convenings, select trainings and other gatherings. Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge/Luminate online events management platform or RegOnline/Cvent, is a plus.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of the organization’s telephonic briefings and webinars including technological and administrative tasks such as targeted audience outreach, participant registration, and ongoing event promotion.
- Serve as the primary logistics coordinator for both complex multi-day gatherings and shorter events including: initial event design and logistics, event registration, location scouting, travel booking, programmatic budgeting, overseeing vendor and consultant contracts, and serving as the point-of-contact for participating attendees and vendors.
- Oversee the subcontracting of consultants and vendors, managing event licenses, insurance policies, and payment schedules.
- Coordinate evaluation of events and public programs with a focus on long-term impact.
- Ensure effective event close-out, including contractual obligations and payments, financial budget reporting, and set up/maintenance of thorough records.
- Ensure consistent organizational branding across events and gatherings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and venues, prioritizing vendors that share organizational values and equitable labor practices.
- Plan for and troubleshoot potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
- Maintain organization’s tracking system of events and event participants, which includes frequent database entry and record maintenance using The Raiser’s Edge database, as well as knowledge of Excel functions and data sorting.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
- Represent the organization to the public while conducting strategic outreach to potential partners and constituents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in program-related area.
- Three years minimum work experience.
- Event, budgeting and project management experience.
- Experience overseeing consultants and interns.
- Experience managing public activities or events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with diverse audiences.
- A sense of humor, modesty, and enthusiasm for our work and mission.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English are desirable.
- Knowledge of GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting is a plus.
The ability to work independently and as a member of a team is essential. Working with both internal and external stakeholders to handle multiple responsibilities and convey updates to those stakeholders in a coherent and clear manner is also critical. Holding and cultivating new relationships with external stakeholders and partners is essential as well.
Sitting. Some movement involved. Up to 20% travel required.
Work space in an open floor plan with other colleagues in close proximity.
New York, NY
To apply, click here.